<A Tour of the Neighborhood> Remaining in the scent of time – Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do

2024-05-27 14:41:03

Inside the old house, we meet Hwang Yeong-geum (87 years old), who is still weaving Andongpo on a loom even though he is almost 90 years old, and Park Geum-hwa, who is weaving hemp.

Listening to the loom song of Hwang Yeong-geum, who said that she consoled herself by singing loom song when she was having a hard time while weaving, I feel the sorrow and soul of the mothers buried in Andong cloth.

While Hwang Yeong-geum is making Andongpo using traditional methods, Park Geum-hwa (70 years old) is trying to spread the word about Andongpo and continue the tradition by using unique methods, such as drawing folk paintings on Andongpo and making bags.

Yeki Village was created when people who lost their hometowns due to submersion due to the construction of the Andong Dam moved to the area around the dam. It is a meaningful village filled with the sorrows and sorrows of the submerged people.

Upon entering, it was difficult to hide my surprise at the scenery filled with banana and papaya trees.

Hwang Soon-gon (62 years old) returned to Andong to farm about 14 years ago and runs a papaya farm in a rural village.

As I followed the old man with his luggage, I met Kang Ok-ryeong (66 years old), the old man's daughter who runs a jjimdak restaurant. When Ok-ryeong told me that she was making a new jjimdak, I became curious, and since I was hungry, I decided to try it.

Okryeong, who is said to have studied herbal medicine food for about 20 years, ran Andong Jjimdak restaurant in Gwacheon for about 34 years. Missing her mother's embrace and her hometown, she returned to Andong three years ago and runs a restaurant.

→ MoaPic!