'Lecturers' Seol Min-seok returns to broadcasting after three and a half years after controversy over thesis plagiarism... "I experienced the ultimate hell."

2024-07-20 20:11:03

Seol Min-seok (54), a Korean history lecturer who had stopped broadcasting due to controversy over thesis plagiarism, went on stage for a terrestrial broadcast lecture for the first time in three and a half years and confessed his feelings at the time.

Seol Min-seok appeared as a lecturer on MBC's 'Lecturers Make Your Heart Cry' on the 19th and mentioned the controversy over thesis plagiarism, saying, "When I turned 52, I experienced the ultimate hell."

Seol Min-seok re-entered the History Education major at Yonsei University's Graduate School of Education, where his master's degree was canceled, and is currently pursuing a master's degree.

However, in December 2020, suspicions were raised of plagiarism in his master's thesis at Yonsei University's Graduate School of Education, and Seol Min-seok apologized, saying, "I admit that I neglected citations and footnotes in the process of referencing other papers."

In his return broadcast, he said, "I had a time of deep reflection after leaving all broadcasts due to plagiarizing my master's thesis and conveying inaccurate information during broadcasts," and added, "I don't think my mistakes will be easily washed away with such a short period of self-reflection.

→ MoaPic!