‘Level 4 visually impaired’ commentator Song Seung-hwan, broadcasting live at the Paris Olympics opening ceremony… “I trust the KBS PDs… I know everything from the atmosphere and feel of the scene.”

2024-07-26 22:41:04

Song Seung-hwan, the general director of the opening and closing ceremonies of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics and a 'luxury commentator', released an interview full of expectations ahead of KBS' live broadcast of the opening ceremony of the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Afterwards, when the athletes arrive at the Trocadero, a promenade across from the Eiffel Tower, an official ceremony will take place, followed by the lighting of the Olympic flame and the official opening declaration of the Paris Olympics.

It can accommodate up to 600,000 spectators along the Seine River, and the whole world is excited about the grand and unfamiliar opening ceremony of the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Coach Song Seung-hwan said, “The most unique thing about this Olympics is that it is held in downtown Paris.

“I am studying in advance the stories related to the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, and the Place de la Concorde around the Seine River,” he said, adding that he is also working hard to study in advance for the Olympics.

He also explained the mascot 'Friju' of the 2024 Paris Olympics, saying, "It is the cap of the militia during the Paris Revolution and symbolizes freedom."

And he predicted, “As Paris, France is a very culturally outstanding city and a city of revolution, I think we will try to show the spirit of the ‘Great French Revolution’ in the opening and closing ceremony performances.”

→ MoaPic!